Title: Field Technician
Location: Lansdale, PA, USA
The Field Technician will successfully perform day-to-day installations, including site surveys, equipment installs and LNP’s. They are also responsible for trouble shooting, repairs, disconnects and service changes for business customers on various voice and data services.
The Field Technician will work closely with the Engineering, Sales, Provisioning and Customer Care Teams and contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Site Survey at customer premise looking for and inspecting Dmarc, Inside Wiring, Electric, Backboard, Data Requirements, Phone Lines – tag and locate.
- Installation of customer premise equipment including full testing at customer site with Netcarrier Voice Engineering to ensure working properly.
- Participate and understand the affects of software updates, software analysis and repair.
- Interface with Incumbent LECs, Phone Vendors and Data Vendors for the installation and repair of circuits.
- Run cross connects, punch down 25 pair cables, wire modular jacks, build 2 pair and 4 pair modular cables, DSX wire wrapping and cross connects panel and rack installation.
- On-site/Off-site cabling/wiring installation & testing, running Dmarc Extensions and inside wiring as needed. (Fiber optic, Power, RF, Data/Communications/Telco, Coaxial)
- Troubleshoot customer premise equipment including all necessary wiring and hardware.
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, and NEC, etc and following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook)
- Acts as a technical source for other technicians.
- Handles the “High End” customers and complex applications.
- Assist in outages as needed by supporting disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintain accurate site paperwork and logs and required documentation.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Educate customer on proper use of services.
- Local Travel required.
- Occasional roof top work required.
- Work and conduct business as a team member of NetCarrier, Inc in a manner that supports Company philosophies and policies.
- Maintain vehicle by following periodic maintenance schedule, visually inspecting vehicle and adhering to vehicle policies/procedures as well as updating & maintaining vehicle log.
- Attend vendor and in-house training.
- Experience installing VoIP Phones.
- Working knowledge of Hosted PBX deployments.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and VoIP protocols.
- Test and troubleshoot DS0, DS1, POTs, DSL, ISDN and inside wiring.
- Accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Comply with all Company implemented safety procedures.
- Carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Work independently, drive a Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires and make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting. Work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers and all various test equipment (T1 tester, volt-ohm, etc), including computer skills and laptop.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics, electronics, electric wiring, telephony and company products and services.
- Accept on-call responsibility during which time you will be available 24 hours/day.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and customer service skills, demonstrate courtesy and patience in customer relations.
- Must be able to provide a driver’s license, proof of legal ability to work, pass an extensive criminal background check, and pass a drug screening.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical and/or military telecommunications training
Please fill in the below form to Apply: